Thursday 5 October 2017

OUC007 : John Franek / I'm Sure You Can Imagine


Cover art by A.L.


OUC007 : John Franek / I'm Sure You Can Imagine 

Another 13 minutes pieces on harpsichord by maestro John Franek. 
All is played manually, no loops here! 'I'm Sure You Can Imagine' shows once again the love of this artist for the sound of the instrument as well as the complexity of the many layers of intended repetition of patterns. 
It could reminds us the way of the minimal music pioneered in the 60ties by great composers such as La Monte Young, Terry Riley, Steve Reich and Philip Glass.
After the subtle ambient 'La Mer dans le ciel (see ODG063), the four hands piano 'Slower' (see OUC002) and the dark elements from 'I Hav Not See What Other Saw' (see OUC005), this is another side of the multifaceted John!

Digitally release on the 6th of October 2017.

Track listing:

1: I'm Sure You Can Imagine



And on Bandcamp:

No comments: